Pillinger and Associates are pleased to report we have again achieved Leading Firm and Recommended Lawyer status for the West Midlands area for Employment Law and Licensing Law in this year’s LEGAL 500 rankings.
Below are the entries as listed on the Legal 500 website. A very big thank you to the wonderful reviews from those people who were asked to provide feedback.
LICENSING IN WEST MIDLANDS
TIER 2 FIRMS
Pillinger & Associates
Amanda Pillinger leads the practice at Pillinger & Associates and is well-regarded for her work on all aspects of licensing law, including contentious matters. The team is skilled at advising major supermarkets and also acts for a number of local clients including music festivals, restaurants, late night establishments, operating pubs and members’ clubs.
‘Amanda Pillinger always makes herself available to her clients. She is extremely knowledgeable and approachable. She has a wealth of knowledge and experience not just in respect of licensing but employment law only. She is prepared to listen to a different viewpoint and discuss those as an equal ’.
‘A fantastic law firm to deal with. Enquiries are dealt with timely and we are always kept informed of progress. Information is provided is a manner that is easy to understand’.
‘Amanda Pillinger is a fantastic licensing solicitor. She is approachable and ensures that she keeps you informed every step of the way. Amanda provides information in a clear and concise way that ensures it is easy to understand’.
Lidl Great Britain Limited
- Acted for Lidl Great Britain Limited in a contested application located in a cumulative impact zone and challenged the legality of a cumulative impact zone that was being relied upon by the council. The application was initially granted with restricted hours but these hours were extended (on agreement) following the submission of an appeal.
- Acted for SC Entertainment in an application to vary a premises licence to allow up to four festivals/events to be held on site each calendar year.
- Acted for Lidl Great Britain Limited in relation to a contentious application for a new premises licence and was able to agree condition acceptable to the police and licensing authority. As a result the application was granted without the need for a hearing.
EMPLOYMENT SOLICITORS IN WEST MIDLANDS
TIER 6 FIRMS
Pillinger & Associates
Pillinger & Associates is a specialist law firm that receives a steady flow of instructions from other law firms, accountancy practices and HR consultants. Amanda Pillinger is a sole practitioner who represents both employers and employees in cases such as unfair dismissal, whistleblowing and breaches of contract. Pillinger is also experienced at helping employers on ways to avoid disputes.
‘Proactive, informative, extremely helpful, efficient, approachable. They explain issues effectively and clearly. They are proactive to provide advice on ongoing matters in the press and how this can impact my area of business. Extremely helpful, approachable, and with a friendly manner’.
‘Amanda Pillinger is incredibly personable and provides a really professional, personal and efficient service. A practice that always seeks to gain an in-depth understanding of your business to be able to give best help and advice in giving resolution to employment issue that might arise. During the pandemic we have been kept aware of all aspects of Covid-19 via a very proactive information exchange with regular and virtually immediate notification of changes to legislation, rules and schemes which has proved to be invaluable to us’.
‘Having worked closely with Amanda Pillinger on two or three occasions during the last twelve months on key employment issues within our business I cannot praise her highly enough. We always get an immediate response to any questions or query, if not by phone then by email and often well outside normal business hours. Nothing is ever too much trouble for her. This demonstrates to me just how highly Pillinger & Associates value its clients. Knowledge and understanding of employment law seems to be exceptional’.
Headway Traffic Management Group Limited
Heritage Manor Limited
IMA Swiftpack Limited
Meridian (Speciality Packaging) ltd
Quattro Display Limited
Scimitar Sports UK Limited
Stanfield Nursing Home
Wendy House Day Nursey
Worcester Carsales Limited
- Advised a regional car sales/maintenance client on a large-scale collective redundancy process, involving several sites.
- Acted for a client in successfully defending a claim for unfair dismissal and disability discrimination, arising out of a redundancy procedure.
- Acted for a client in claiming unfair dismissal, age discrimination and breach of contract and achieved an extremely favourable settlement for its client.